Uttarakhand: Thousands of children saved from diarrhea-jaundice this year, know the reason
Where the whole country is suffering from the coronavirus, thousands of children of Uttarakhand were saved from being hit by diarrhea, jaundice and typhoid.
Where the whole country is suffering from the coronavirus, thousands of children of Uttarakhand were saved from being hit by diarrhea, jaundice and typhoid. Due to Corona, children had to stay in homes, because of this they stayed away from open food and beverages and market items, drank clean water from home and have eaten fresh food. They also continuously used handwash and sanitizer and all these measures helped children stay away from diarrhea, jaundice, typhoid and other kinds of diseases.
In Haldwani and its surrounding areas, children started suffering from many diseases including vomiting-diarrhea, jaundice, typhoid from mid-April every year. The pediatric ward and emergency ward of the base hospital used to be packed with children suffering from these diseases. This cycle used to continue till June. Apart from this, a large number of children with diarrhea used to reach the STH every day.
Many times the child ward of STH was also packed with such patients. Sometimes diarrhea patients were admitted to private hospitals too. But, this time due to Corona, the children could not leave their homes. The family members also took special precautions, due to which the children suffered negligibly from these seasonal diseases.
These are the reasons for not getting sick
- Due to Corona, special attention was given to keeping hands clean, sanitizing and cleanliness.
- Due to Corona, the family members themselves ate immunity-boosting items.
- Consumed Ayurvedic substances and also kept children away from cold and hot.
- Due to the closure of shops, distance from open-cut items and food items which are harmful to health.
- Due to the Covid curfew, neither the children nor their relatives went to the place of friends and relatives nor did they eaten or drank anything.
- Family gatherings, functions were not organized, due to which the health of the children used to get deteriorated many times.
This used to be the situation of OPD in hospitals from mid-April in a normal year
- Base: OPD of diarrhea-jaundice-typhoid for about 80 to 100 children daily
- STH: OPD of diarrhea-jaundice-typhoid of about 70-75 children daily
- Private Hospital: OPD of 125 to 140 children's diarrhea-jaundice-typhoid
Dr. Neeraj Tripathi, Pediatrician at Haldwani Base Hospital said, “From March, about 80 to 100 children used to reach the base every day complaining of diarrhea, this used to continued till June, but this time every family is paying special attention to cleanliness and food due to Corona. Due to this, children suffering from these diseases are not coming to the OPD.
Dr. Ritu Rakholiya, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Haldwani Government Medical College said, “In April, patients of diarrhea, jaundice and typhoid used to start coming to STH rapidly. About 70-75 patients used to come to OPD every day. Sometimes the ward was also packed. But, this time such patients have come to the fore.