The Regulatory Commission will only conduct an online public hearing on the petition filed by UPCL
Online public hearing on the petition filed by Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL) for the imposition of a surcharge on electricity rates in the state.
The Regulatory Commission will only conduct an online public hearing on the petition filed by Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL) for the imposition of a surcharge on electricity rates in the state. For this, the date of August 22 has been fixed.
For this, a total of four places have been earmarked, from where consumers will be able to present their side by joining online. UPCL's electricity hike tariff was released by the Regulatory Commission on April 1. UPCL had demanded in the regulatory commission to revise this tariff with a surcharge, citing the increasing economic burden from costly electricity.
The petition was dismissed after a public hearing. UPCL again filed a petition for a surcharge, on which the date of the online public hearing was fixed. After the public hearing, the commission will take a decision on the admissibility of the petition.
Bill increase due to surcharges like this
If a consumer spends 200 units of electricity in a month. Accordingly, by adding 15 paise per unit, his bill will increase by Rs 15. For example, if the electricity bill for 200 units comes to Rs 400, then it will come to Rs 415.
Take part in the online public hearing here
- Auditorium, Electricity Distribution Division Office, UPCL, 1st Floor, Opposite Municipal Corporation, Rudrapur - 10:30 am to 12 noon
- Auditorium, Gardenia Hotel, Sidcul, Haridwar - 12:30 PM to 2 PM
- Meeting Hall (Ground Floor), UPCL Headquarters, Urja Bhawan, Kanwali Road, Balliwala Chowk - 3 PM to 4:30 PM
- Auditorium, Municipal Corporation Haldwani - 5 pm to 6:30 pm
This is the proposal for a surcharge
- Consumer Category – Proposed Surcharge
- Domestic - 11 paise per unit
- BPL - No Fee
- Up to 100 units - no surcharge
- 101-200 units- 15 paise per unit
- 201-400- 20 paise per unit
- Above 400 units - 30 paise per unit
- Single point bulk supply - Rs 1.25 per unit
- Snow-covered areas - no surcharge
- Non-Domestic Consumer - Rs 2.39 per unit
- Government utility - Rs 2.39 per unit
- Agriculture-related services - 15 paise per unit
- LT Industries - Rs 2.19 per unit
- HD Industries - Rs 2.25 per unit
- Mix load - Rs 2.15 per unit
- Railway Traction – Rs 2.24 per unit
- Electric vehicle and charging station - Rs 2.10 per unit
(UPCL has demanded to implement this surcharge in the monthly bill for eight months)