The new portal of IT department launched, the refund will be available in few hours
The new website of the Income Tax Department www.incometax.gov.in has been launched. This will make it easier for taxpayers to make ITR payments
- Income Tax Department has launched a new portal
- Taxpayers will get ease in ITR payment
- The department claims that the new portal is more user friendly
- ITR preparation software free
There is good news for the taxpayers. Now they will not have to wait much for an IT refund. The new website of the Income Tax Department www.incometax.gov.in has been launched. This will make it easier for taxpayers to make ITR payments. Along with this many, more modern facilities have also been added to it. The Income Tax Department says that the new portal is more user-friendly and many new features have been added to it.
The new portal has gone live from Monday. However, the new tax payment system on this portal will start on June 18. The department claims that the new website is more user-friendly, which will make it easier to file ITR and get a refund faster. All transactions, uploads and pending actions will be visible on a single dashboard so that users can review the same and take action as per the need. That is, it will be easy to file ITR, review it and take any action.
What are the facilities?
ITR preparation software is available free of cost for both online and offline situations. It will also have the facility of assisting the taxpayers and will also get the option of pre-filing, so that minimum data entry has to be done. All the necessary features of the desktop portal will also be available on the mobile app. A new tax payment system will be introduced in the new portal with multiple payment options like Net Banking, UPI, RTGS, NEFT, etc.
Some highlights of A Tax e-filing portal.
- The new e-filing portal will have the facility to process Income Tax Return (ITR) immediately, with this, the tax refund will be issued to the taxpayers quickly.
- After login to the portal for taxpayers, a dashboard will appear, where all necessary information, uploads, pending work, etc. will be shown.
- Taxpayers will be able to get the software to prepare income tax returns for free. It will be available online and offline. Apart from answering FAQs for taxpayers, this software will contain a variety of information and tools. With their help, any taxpayer can file tax.
- A new online tax payment system will be introduced on the new portal, in which taxpayers will have the facility of payment through net banking, UPI, credit card and RTGS / NEFT, etc. Also, the taxpayer can make payments from any bank account.
- A new call center is also being set up to assist taxpayers in filing tax returns with the help of FAQs, tutorials, videos and chatbots/live agents.
- All tax e-filing portal functions available on the desktop will also be made available on the mobile app. It can be worked on at any time on any mobile network.