Smart city projects will not be completed like this, officers kept changing in two and a half years
About two and a half years have passed since the work of Dehradun Smart City Limited started. In such a short span of time, five executives have taken over as CEO smart city
About two and a half years have passed since the work of Dehradun Smart City Limited started. In such a short span of time, five executives have taken over as CEO smart city, but most of the projects are yet to be completed. On Monday, DM Dehradun Dr. R. Rajesh Kumar is going to take charge as the sixth CEO of Smart City Limited. In Smart City, IAS Dalip Jawalkar, Shailesh Bagauli, Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava, Ranveer Singh Chauhan and then again Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava have taken over as CEO. Now DM R Rajesh Kumar of Dehradun has been given this responsibility. There will be a big challenge in front of them to complete the projects on time.
Achievements of Smart City Project
- Best Education Initiative and Most Progressive Smart City of the year award at the 2019 ET Global Forum and Awards.
- The SCADA project in 2020 was the best public-private partnership initiative of the year.
- Best Third Round Smart City Award, Jal Project Award (Two Awards) in the -2020 India Smart City Award Contest.
- Best Smart City and Award of the Year at the 2021 ET Global Forum and Award.
- 2021 India Smart City Award, Awarded for Migrant Tracking and Health Surveillance System of COVID 19.
Much more to come
Apart from this, works related to laying of multi-utility duct, sewer line, repair of water supply system, construction of drain, pavement beautification etc. are in progress across the city. which are to be completed as soon as possible.
Under the Smart City Project, the focus will be on timely completion of construction works. Apart from this, special care will be taken that no one has to face problems due to construction work during monsoon said Dr. R Rajesh Kumar, DM Dehradun