Harmful Effects Of Unhealthy Eating
When you come home after a long day of work, it can be tempting to order some food or grab takeout and relax.
Harmful Effects Of Unhealthy Eating
When you come home after a long day of work, it can be tempting to order some food or grab takeout and relax. After all, who wants to go through all the effort of cooking and cleaning up when you're tired? Consuming fast food occasionally isn't harmful, but eating too much can result in an unhealthy diet. Unhealthy diets can be harmful and have long-term effects on your health.
The poor eating habits have included under or over-eating, not having enough of the healthy foods we need each day, or consuming too many types of food and drink, which are low in fiber or high in fat, salt, and/or sugar.
These unhealthy eating habits can affect our nutrient intake, including energy protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals as well as fiber and fluid.
Junk food is the easiest way to gain unhealthy weight. The amount of fats and sugar in the food makes you gain weight rapidly. However, this is not a healthy weight. It is more of fats and cholesterol which will have a harmful impact on your health. Junk food is also one of the main reasons for the increase in obesity nowadays.
This food only looks and tastes good, other than that, it has no positive points. The amount of calories your body requires to stay fit is not fulfilled by this food. For instance, foods like French fries, burgers, candy, and cookies, all have high amounts of sugar and fats. Hence, this can result in long-term illnesses like diabetes and high blood pressure.
How Does Poor Nutrition Affect Us?
Poor nutrition can impair our daily health and wellbeing and reduce our ability to lead an enjoyable and active life.
Poor nutrition can contribute to stress, tiredness, and our capacity to work, and over time, it can contribute to the risk of developing some illnesses and other health problems such as:
- being overweight or obese
- tooth decay
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- heart disease and stroke
- type-2 diabetes
- some cancers
- eating disorders.
Healthy But Unhealthy Food
- Fruit juices: Fruits are incredibly healthy so liquid squeezed out of them is automatically be healthy. A common misconception is that it is high time to let people know that commercially manufactured fruit juices are not at all healthy. The fruit juices available in the market are purchased widely under the belief that they are nutritious, however, they are nothing but sugar-packed inboxes.
- Packaged breakfast cereals: Packaged cereals and granolas have become a popular breakfast choice in recent times due to their ease of preparation and so-called benefits. Contrary to what the labels claim, packaged cereals are loaded with sugar and calories. When consumed regularly, it can add to weight gain and unhealthy fitness outcomes.
- Protein bars: Protein is essential to maintain a healthy body. To help people fulfill their daily protein requirements, companies capitalized on their needs and began the manufacture of protein bars. However, it can do more harm to the body than good because flavored energy and protein bars are packed with sugar, calories, and trans fat.
- Fat-free foods: A variety of foods such as dairy products, cereal, snacks, desserts, and more are sold as fat-free foods. Do not be fooled by the claims as they are as harmful as misleading. Despite the supposed benefits, these foods are added with flavors, sugar, sodium, and fat that can harm the body if consumed unmoderated.
- Salad dressings: What even is a bowl of salad without some dressing? An incredible flavor enhancer, dressings are often an important ingredient in almost every salad recipe. Various types of low-fat, low-sugar, and low-sodium salads are available in the market. However, you must not be swayed by the trickery as commercially sold dressings can contain sodium, fat, sugar, and other harmful substances that can damage the body in the long run.