Granddaughter, grandfather and grandmother died after eating mushrooms from the forest

In Sukri village of Pratapnagar, Tehri, three people of the same family have died after consuming wild mushrooms

Granddaughter, grandfather and grandmother died after eating mushrooms from the forest

In Sukri village of Pratapnagar, Tehri, three people of the same family have died after consuming wild mushrooms. There is silence in the village due to the death of three people. On Sunday, the family members and villagers admitted them to AIIMS Rishikesh after their health deteriorated. During treatment, on Friday late night, first grandmother then granddaughter and then on Saturday morning grandfather died.

Village head Sukri Kavita Kudiyal told that Sunderlal had brought mushrooms from the forest on Sunday. In the evening he made mushroom curry. Only three members of the family ate mushroom vegetable, while her daughter-in-law Mamta did not eat the vegetable. In the night, after vomiting and diarrhea, the family members and villagers took them directly to AIIMS Hospital in Rishikesh in a private vehicle. Vimala Devi (60) wife Sunderlal, Saloni (13) died on Friday night.

While Sunderlal (62) succumbed during treatment on Saturday morning. She told that four members of the family lived in the village, Saloni's mother Mamta had prepared another vegetable for herself when the mushroom vegetable was looking less, due to which she was saved. She said that villager Saudan Kudiyal took all three in his vehicle to AIIMS Rishikesh in the night itself.

The deceased Sunderlal has two sons. One works in Dehradun and the other in Punjab. The death of grandfather, grandmother and granddaughter has spread mourning in the village. MLA Vijay Singh Panwar, former MLA Vikram Singh Negi, Murari Lal Khandwal, Pankaj Vyas, Devi Singh Panwar, Atar Singh Tomar, Roshan Lal Semwal etc. have expressed grief over the death of all three.