Government may open Chardham Yatra in a phased manner
Chardham yatra was postponed due to Corona this year. Now the government is planning to open the postponed Chardham Yatra in a phased manner.
The government is considering starting the postponed Chardham Yatra which was cancelled due to Corona earlier this year. Under this, local residents of Chardham districts can be allowed to visit Dham in the first phase. Tourism and Culture Minister Satpal Maharaj said that Chardham Yatra will be started in a phased manner after the conditions become normal and after brainstorming on all the aspects.
Due to the intensification of the second wave of Corona infection of the state, the government had postponed the Chardham Yatra starting May 14 this year. However, the doors of the four dhams Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri were opened on the scheduled dates and a limited number of pilgrim priests are offering prayers there. Devotees are not allowed to go there. Now that the cases of corona infection have come down, the government has started brainstorming on the Chardham Yatra. Tourism and Culture Minister Satpal Maharaj said that the residents of Rudraprayag, Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts are being requested to allow them to visit the Dham. The four dhams are in these districts.
He said that the government is considering Chardham Yatra from every aspect. In the first phase, local residents of three districts may be allowed. After reviewing the circumstances, devotees from other districts of the state and then from outside states can also be allowed to visit. Standard operating procedures will be issued for Chardham Yatra keeping in mind the guidelines of the Health Department.