Government flipflop continuous, Chardham Yatra postponed till further orders

In the SOP issued on Monday itself, the government had decided to start the Chardham Yatra from July 1 despite the High Court's stay

Government flipflop continuous, Chardham Yatra postponed till further orders

The Uttarakhand government on Tuesday morning issued a revised SOP regarding the Chardham Yatra. The government has postponed the proposed Chardham Yatra from July 1 till further orders. Let us inform you that in the SOP issued on Monday itself, the government had decided to start the Chardham Yatra from July 1 despite the High Court's stay whereas the second phase of the journey was scheduled to be held from July 11.

This is one more flipflop from the government which has changed its guidelines many times before too at the last minute during Corona curfew.” Why can’t the government decides at once what will be open and what will not be” said Deepak Rawat a resident of Rishikesh and who was finally happy to hear earlier that government is opening up the Cham Dham Yatra from July 1 in phased manner.

Sonprayag resident Pankaj Uniyal who runs a hotel has more harsh words on the decision.” I have cleaned and sanitized my hotel, called back 5 of my employees, filled the ration and other stock, what will I do now ? Will the government compensate me or many others like me who have done the same, “ ? he asked.

In the first phase, it was to be started in three districts

Earlier in the first phase, the government had decided to open the Yatra to Badrinath conditionally for the people of Chamoli district, Kedarnath for the people of Rudraprayag district, Gangotri and Yamunotri for the people of Uttarkashi district. In this, the Covid test report of the passengers was made mandatory. It was believed that the Tourism and Endowment Department would issue a separate SOP.

High Court had banned Char Dham Yatra on Monday

On Monday, the High Court, rejecting all the arguments of the government, had stayed the decision of the cabinet to conduct Char Dham Yatra from July 1. This trouble of the government was due to weak arguments and half-incomplete preparation. The court had said that the officers of the government are taking the court very lightly, so the Chief Secretary should train the officers to answer before the court. Officials don't test our patience by giving wrong and incomplete information. The court has fixed July 7 for the next hearing in this case. Despite the ban, the government decided to go ahead and open the yatra only to retract afterward.

Live broadcast of worship like Jagannath Yatra

The High Court had said that it is fully aware of the sentiments of the devotees and the government should broadcast the worship of the four Dhams live on TV. Objecting to this on behalf of the government, it was said that this is against the scriptures. On this, the court said there was no TV when the scriptures were written then how can it be against the scriptures ?. The court said that like arrangements for the live telecast of Jagannath Yatra in Orissa, similar arrangements should be made here.